Friday, September 26, 2008

First Ultrasound




Yesterday Nate & I were able to see our baby for the very first time! We went and saw Dr.Martin for our first Ultrasound. It was a truly amazing experience! Baby Muth's measurements were exactly on target for our due date & showed that I was exactly 7 weeks & 2 day- that puts Baby Muth's expected due date as May 12, 2009! The most amazing part of the entire experience was listening to the heart beat! I don't know if I was more excited and touched by the sound of the heart beat or Nate's reaction. It was a very special moment for both of us! The heart beat was right on target also for 7 weeks at 140 beats per minute. Dr. Martin was able to record the entire Ultrasound and heartbeat on video so we will be able to share it with our families! It's funny how that little "blob" on the screen means soooo much more to you when it is YOUR little "blob" with a heartbeat! Everything else checked out wonderfully and we are looking forward to many more happy, healthy, and exciting visits with Dr. Martin! I am SOOOOOOO glad Stephanie & Bobby recommended him to us- WE LOVE HIM & he makes the experience so much fun! Our next appointment is on October 23 - Dr. Martin will TRY to guess the sex of the baby at that appointment but said it will probably be at our next appointment mid-November that we will know for sure! We are super excited either way - but it will be fun to know and start planning! Nate teases me because my prediction on the sex has gone back and forth about 4 times now :)


6 comments:

gatorfamily said...

Wow! That is amazing! Hearing the heartbeat for the very first time is such a blessing....I can remember it well with both boys! Thanks for sharing. Love to you ALL, Aunt Mel

Mom said...

I am so happy that you are sharing this experience together! There is nothing that can compare to hearing that little heart beating!My stomach is a flutter with excitement for the future :) Forever and always with my love, Grammie

Unknown said...

Aundrea - You are a gifted and talented writer. Your blog notes are the high point of my day. You could not possibly write too much or too often about this baby. Keep creating the Magical Muth Memories! - Dad

Stephanie said...

Sooooooo glad you love Dr. Martin!! Can't wait for our babies to grow up and marry each other! :)

Auntie LBG said...

S/he's so pretty! Can't wait to see more! Remember Aubre' and Marcel? Let's start with low expectations--that this next generation doesn't kick each other's as*#!'s at first sight! Love ya Darlin's!

Donna said...

It's a true blue miracle!!!
I wish the two of you bundles and berries of happiness.
Having a baby is so wonderful.
Lots of Love and Hugs...

D.