I am officially 10 weeks pregnant tomorrow!! Sometimes I feel like saying "Wow- 10 weeks ALREADY?!?!?" & other times I feel like saying "ONLY 10 WEEKS???" I am looking forward to so many things that are still ahead in this wonderful journey that occasionally I find myself wishing that I could hit the fast forward button on the pregnancy remote & get to the good stuff :)
I started feeling a little bit better in the nausea department only to be attacked by the worst case of heartburn possible!! I LOVE spicy foods & sadly they have become my arch enemy! I can not tell you how lame I feel carrying around a bottle of mylanta in my purse - but as of right now that nasty chalky white liquid sounds better than any frosty miller light EVER has :)
Nate had the weekend off & we were able to go up to Rome & visit the family! Aubre, Mike & Madison also stayed in Rome Friday night!!! It was a wonderful mini-family reunion! Team Rios was making their way from Tennessee to Orlando where they set sail on a Caribbean cruise Sunday afternoon!! SO JEALOUS!! We had a fun evening catching up and enjoying each others company! We had been waiting to tell Madison about the baby in person & it was worth the wait! The expression on her face was priceless! Madison LOVES babies & she is already planning all of the things she will teach our baby!
Saturday morning we had our traditional Baldwin Family Breakfast of grits, eggs, & biscuits at my special request :) YUMMMMMM-0! I am so thankful that I did not pick up an aversion to eggs! Sadly, Team Rios had to leave right after breakfast but Nate & I were able to spend the rest of the day watching football with my parents! It truly was a perfect day- nothing i enjoy more than spending time with my family & nothing Nate enjoys more than watching Texas football! Throw in all those AMAZING snacks my mom made & it was a perfect 10 for BOTH of us!!! It is always so nice when Nate has the weekend off work & we are able to spend two consecutive days together just relaxing :) I do more of the relaxing than he does these days :) ha ha
Today was a teacher work day so I was able to get alot accomplished at work- always a great feeling!! Nothing better than being organized and prepared :)
We go back to the doctor two weeks from today & HOPEFULLY he will be able to predict the sex of our little baby! I look at the calendar everyday somehow hoping that the appointment will magically have moved up a few days! I must keep repeating... Patience is a virtue.... Patience is a virtue... Patience is a virtue...
2 comments:
It was wonderful to spend time together this weekend! Thank you for this journal, I so enjoy reading it! Sorry about the heartburn - I had it really bad when I was pregnant. Maybe it is hereditary!!! Love you!
Hey Aundrea! This is Jake's wife, Valerie. I'm so glad to read your blog since you are exactly one week ahead of me! I have to say I feel like I'm reading my own blog since we are experiencing the same stuff... from nausea down to Homecoming exhaustion! I too have been reading the "Fabulous Fulcher Family" blog- Beckie teaches at my school. Hope your morning sickness goes away soon!!!
http://valerieandjakehead.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment