Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome to our journey....

I must give credit to one of my wonderful co-workers who introduced me to this site & the concept of a "baby blog." He and his wife created a blog on this site in honor of their baby girl (she was born this week :) yea!) It was so much fun to check in on the "Fabulous Fulcher Family" throughout their journey! I loved the idea so much that I just had to steal it for my own growing family! Nate & I were just recently blessed with the fabulous news that we will be adding a new addition to our family... we're having a baby!! AHH! That is just so exciting to say :)

Nate & I are overjoyed and couldn't wait to share the news with our parents! I didn't even make it out of the Dr.'s office parking lot before I called my mom! Her reaction was great! Lots of cheering and excitement & I think maybe a tiny tear- maybe :) My mom & dad had just spent the weekend with Nate & I at the pool and my mom asked me if I was pregnant - she just had a hunch I guess- the good ole' momma intuition! So I think she threw in a "I knew it- I knew it" in the midst of her excitement! Dad was my next call of course & a quote I will never forget... he said Aundrea "That is a smile I will wear on my heart" My dad is the sweetest! My sister actually already had a pretty good idea what was coming- but she was my third call (well I guess technically she would have been the first call pre-official confirmation)

Nate and I were able to tell his parents in person the next night at dinner. We went to our "go to" dinner spot Bone Fish. Nate decided to get a "congratulations" card & we wrote a cute little message inside! We didn't even think about the fact that we hadn't seen them since their anniversary so when we gave them the card they thought it was for their anniversary- opps! Well they were pleasantly surprised to read the message inside & find out that they were going to be grandparents again! Lots of tears from sally & a good solid congratulations from papa tom! It turned out to be a wonderful evening full of joy!

The only people left to tell in our immediate families.... Adam, Melanie, Eric & the boys! It worked out perfectly that we were making a trip to LA to visit Adam for his birthday & Melanie was meeting us out there from Texas as well! It was very difficult not to tell them right away over the phone- but it was SOOO worth it when we were able to tell them in person. We told Adam as soon as we got to his apartment, but waited to tell Melanie until the next night when we were out for Adam's birthday. It was such a perfect moment. Adam made an amazing toast to start off the night to "My Brother & Sister-In-Law who are having a baby" The look on Melanie's face was priceless. It was a really great moment for all of us and I thank Adam dearly for being willing to share the spotlight with me that night!

With each new person we tell, it gets a little bit more real. WE ARE HAVING A BABY!! We feel so amazingly blessed and overwhelmed at the same time! I am especially excited to have the opportunity to share this journey with my fabulous family and amazing best friends!

6 comments:

Aubre said...

Awww...I was hoping you were going to do something like this! I can't wait to follow along during the big adventure. I can't wait to be an Auntie!! Love you tons!

Unknown said...

Aundrea and Nate – What a great idea to use this technology to share your fantastic journey to parenthood. I have bookmarked the site and will look for regular updates. I am so happy for you both and wish you the very best during this marvelous time. – Daddy / Keith

Mom said...

What a wonderful idea! I am so excited for both of you (and me too!) I will enjoy every detail you share along your journey. Believe me, you will re-live the memories forever :) All my love forever and always, Mom (soon to be Grammie!)

gatorfamily said...

What an amazing way to share your experience with all of us! We are so excited and Will and Jack can't wait to have an actual cousin! (They are hoping for a boy, of course!) We wish you all the best as you await your little blessing! Love, Aunt Mel, Uncle Eric, Will and Jack

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe you're having a baby! I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to follow along!

Unknown said...

My mouth is hanging open - imagine that!- I am so tremendously thrilled to have known you and your family from the beginning and now to rejoice with you & Nate as you now become parents - and especially to watch Keith & Penne become Grands!! AUUUGGGHHH! I'm so happy - I just fowarded this blog link to Trip - He's going to bust!
Much love to you & I can't wait to check in on the progress!
Love & Prayers!!!
Andrea