Sunday, September 21, 2008

Now that Homecoming Week is over... A few more details :)

As most of you already know, my good friend Ann & I are the Student Government Sponsors for Mill Creek High School where we both teach. This is my third year at Mill Creek and my third year sponsoring Student Government. Mill Creek is the largest public high school in the State of Georgia with over 4,000 students! The most important responsibility Ann & I have as sponsors is planning the Homecoming Week festivities including: spirit week, homecoming court nominations, voting, as well as pep rally participation, football game half-time show, and of course the homecoming dance! It takes months of planning and extra long days in order to pull it all off! As you can imagine this is exhausting for us every year but this year was ESPECIALLY tough for me being pregnant! I have been amazed at how exhausting pregnancy is. By the end of the day just walking to my car & carrying my purse somehow feels equivalent to a full hour spent in the gym! It has forced me to slow down my fast paced "go go go" mentality! Learning how to say "No" has proven to be difficult for me also!

Of course this week was not the week to be feeling sick but.... the pregnancy sickness hit me this week full force! I don't know why they call it "morning sickness" because it does not discriminate by the time of day! All day long- off & on- I am hit with the pregnancy funk! Nate has been such an amazing husband during this CRAZY week of homecoming chaos and sickness! He is so patient and comforting! I am so lucky to have a husband like him! He is constantly trying to get me anything that might make me feel better! For example, Nate cooks himself breakfast every morning before going to work but since i leave for work at 5:15 I am long gone before he is up and cooking. However yesterday morning we were up and getting ready at the same time- Nate was going to work & I was going up to the school to decorate for the dance. I was feeling sick & that super sonic sensitive sense of smell that pregnancy graces with your kicked in at Nate's expense! I made it out the door of our bedroom upstairs and was overwhelmed by the smell of whatever he had cooked for breakfast & quickly retreated back into our bedroom! I was convinced that he had cooked bacon! I was near tears and just couldn't understand WHY he would cook bacon in our house with me being to sick! ha ha :) As it turns out he had made waffles- no bacon :) He did his best to calm me down- in all my craziness- and escorted me with sweatshirt secured over my face to prevent ANY of those smells from wafting into my nose- out to my car! Bless his heart all he wanted to do was eat a little breakfast! His ability to remain calm and not laugh at me in those moments is why I believe god hand picked him to take care of me and our child for the rest of my life. My family is truly blessed!

Our next doctor's appointment is Thursday afternoon- I'll update soon after :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auntie can't stop crying tears of joy for your precious baby boy. I just got back from an early Christmas with Jerry moudy in Arizona. I will call you after work tommorrow to wish you and your family a merry Christmas. I love you all so much and I am overwhelmed with love for this child. How can this be? This is truely a miracle. I love you so much Aundrea and Nate. Thank you!!!
Auntie Valerie