Sunday, September 12, 2010

June 7 & 8th- Marley Kay Rios Birthday :)

Well... I am officially a four time Auntie now :) Woo Hoo :) I was scheduled to go to an AP summer institute in Atlanta June 7-11 which was 2 weeks before Aubre was due. I made her promise me that she would wait until I had finished that class to go into labor! It was a non-refundable $500 & i HAD to complete the class over the summer in order to teach the class. Well... I got to my class down at Woodward Academy about 30 minutes before my class started, I sat down outside my classroom to drink my coffee & relax for a minute. That's when my phone vibrated... it was Mom... Aubre's water had broken around 3 that morning & they were getting ready to go to the hospital!!! So.... I packed it up & headed back to the house, grabbed MY sweet baby boy & all our stuff & we booked it to Clarksville. It was never a question whether I was going to stay or go. I was 100% going to be there for my nieces birth!! The lady was super nice & told me she understood but that there was no refund policy, but that she would check with the lead guy & email me later that day- GUESS WHAT?? You guessed it, by the time I got to Clarksville I was registered for another class & all but $50 of my payment was refunded :) AWESOME!

So... it was a loooong drive for me to do solo with Mason but we made it no problem... nothing a few golden oreos couldn't fix!!

My Sweet Boo takin a snoooze on the way to meet his new baby cousin!!

Little did we know at the time... this was going to be a loooooooong night!!!


Grandpa made it up there a few hours after I did & he was on Mason entertainment duty :) They played for hours in that little patio area & Mason was especially fond of the fountain :)






After some SERIOUS drama & LOOONG hours waiting sweet, beautiful baby MK was finally born! It was the craziest experience ever & I am so so glad that I was able to be there with my sister :)

 



Marley & her proud Daddy



You Mommy had to work very hard for you pretty girl!!!





After 24 hours in the hospital I was soooo excited to see my sweet boy when Grandpa brought him up to meet his cousin! He enjoyed checkin her out through the nursery window!


I really appreciated my sweet miracle baby boy after experiencing the miracle of birth from a different perspective! I LOVE me some MASON!


And of course, my little mama's boy was super excited to see me too :) He just warms my heart to pieces!!


Look at that pretty pretty bow!!



I am know the proud Auntie to 2 nephews & TWO nieces :) Love my handsome boys & beautiful girls!!


Smiling for her Auntie Mosey Mosey already!!


Love my sweet little angel MK :)



Pretty Mommy!


Mason was such a good good good boy the whole 2 days hanging out at the hospital! He had a fun time hanging out with his cousin Madison on his Firetruck racing down the empty hallways!

We finally had to head home & my sweet boy was just tuckered out! We rode back to Georgia with Grandpa following us so stops were a lot easier & more fun on the way home :)


We stopped for dinner at Crackle Barrel - it was a GREAT place to stop on a road trip & we've done it several times since then!

The rocking chairs were a BIG hit with Mason to top off the yummy food!






These pictures just crack me up!! We were in the process of changing Mason into his pjs for the rest of the ride home that night. Of course... he HAD to play in the back of the truck but it had some water in the bed & I didn't want to get his pants wet, so I took them off... we looked SOOOO redneck in the Cracker Barrel parking lot with our baby in nothing but a pajama shirt & diaper playin in the truck bed! STAY CLASSY ATLANTA!! haha But as always- Mason had a GREAT time!!!



No comments: