Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Mason Thomas Muth!!

Where did the time go?
Where is my tiny little baby?
How could he already be a TODDLER??? 


A year ago I looked into the eyes of my precious angel and was overcome by a love that I never knew was possible. Today, as I look at the face of that same angel boy, the love I have for him has multiplied a million times!! Mason is the greatest gift that God could have ever given me. He has blessed my life in ways I didn't even know possible. He has taught me so much already.


Here's an update on what our 1 year old TODDLER is up to...

  • Mason weighs 24 pounds & is 32 3/4 inches long!! He is the 60th percentile for weight & the 99th percentile for height! He's a tall lean machine!! He wears some 18 month clothes & some 24 month clothes. He wears a size 4 or 5 shoe & size 4 diapers.




  • Mason walks all over the place! He has been a full time walker since April 24th!! He is FAST!! Life has become so much more fun now that Mason is totally mobile :)




  • Mason has been totally off bottles for over a month now... not quite sure the exact day! But... let me tell you I love it! Sippy cups are so much easier to clean & store!! Bye Bye Dr.Brown!!




  • Mason is almost 100% on cows milk!! We have done a very gradual transition. We started with 6 ounces breastmilk & 2 ounces cows milk - did that for a week, then 5 & 3 for a week, then 4 & 4 for a week, then 3 & 5 for a week, now we are at 2 & 6. I am down to only pumping once a day! Are you wondering what the heck I'm doing with all the time?!?! Planning Parties - but I'll get into that in my next post :) haha But seriously, it's been great now worrying about pumping! It was harder to let the concept go mentally than I thought it would be. I've been nursing &/or pumping for over a year. It just really became such a part of my life. Mason has adjusted WONDERFULLY to the cow's milk. I don't think he ever even noticed anything different :)




  • Mason loves to eat yummy homemade food, but we are still working on the whole table food business. He is making a slow transition from pureed food to regular ol' table food. Things he will eat (besides his pureed food) scrambled eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, grits, eggs & biscuits, cantelope, pears, banana, bagel, waffle, pasta, grilled chicken, mashed potato, grilled veggies, salmon, tortilla, GRAHAM CRACKERS, cheese, puffs, yogurt melts, fiber 1 cereal, dried fruit... I think that's it?!?




  • Mason sleeps through the night like a champ! I can't remember the last time he woke up in the night (please please please don't jinx me) He goes to sleep around 7-730 everynight & we are working on going down to one nap. When at Ms.Nise's house he still takes 2 naps because Nate has to wake him earlier, but when he's a home he usually only takes one nap. If it's a 2 nap day, the first nap is about an hour and a half & the second nap is about 2 hours. If it's a one nap day the nap is anywhere between 2 & 3 hours. He's great at going down & great about sleeping. We are really lucky!




  • Mason LOVES to be outside!! He constantly wants to play outside & if he is being fussy... all you have to do is take him outside & he's angel boy again!! He is 100% all BOY & I love it!! While outside he likes to play with rocks, balls, trucks, the hose, bubbles, the wheelbarrow, his slide, squirt guns, and of course his mini pool!




  • Mason also loves indoor activities... he LOVES LOVES LOVES books! He will sit in your lap & just look at book after book after book! I'm SOOOO happy about this! He also loves puzzles, stacking blocks, his firetrucks, balls, tupperware, listening to music & dancing, climbing the stairs, & bouncing on his rody.




  • Mason has learned how to shake his head no. While it is adorable & hysterical- we try to stiffle the laughter & mask the smiles as to not encourage this new skill. He does use it rather appropriatly & it has made me look forward to the days that he can communicate with me exactly what he wants. Then again...I also dread the days that he can communicate to me exactly what he wants... haha :)




  • Mason can say several words & when I say "say" I mean he has said them more than once appropriatly... dada, mama, byebye, ball, book, ballon, duck, uh-oh, yes or this or nise - depending on who you ask :)




  • Mason can clap! He loves for us to clap for him even more though. Whenever he wants you to clap for him, he will put his hands together & just wait for everyone to clap for him. It's hilarious & we totally perform for him each time :)




  • Mason is a great problem solver & is still a pretty "serious thinker" type! He likes to take it all in & observe. He does not give out smiles & giggles for strangers just for kicks. He makes you earn it & i LOVE that about it! I love to watch him figure out new toys or tackle some mechanical issue. He loves to open & close things, he loves to climb over, under, on top of, around ANYTHING or ANYONE!!




  • Mason is starting to show signs of understanding & being a good listener. He can follow simple type commands "bring the shoe to mommy" "take your sippy cup to daddy" & he is doing pretty good at mastering his list of "no sir" things. The only thing he consistently still gets told no to on a regular basis is grabbing glasses - mostly Grampy's glasses. Its like he wants to test it out every day just to make sure he still isn't allowed to grab them off Grampy's face. He is so smart though that as soon as he does it & Grampy gives his loud stern NO SIR, Mason leans in a gives him a big kiss!!! Knows how to get out of trouble already!! Smart Boy!!



  • Mason plays favorites. Mommy is his all time favorite & he makes no attempt to hide it from anyone. I of course LOVE it! Grampy & Papa Tom are his favorites also! Mason LOVES his Grampy & Papa Tom! I can already tell he is going to have a VERY special relationship with both of his grandfathers. He is a very lucky little boy!
Okay... enough of the update. I know what you people really want...the pictures from the big boy's official birthday!!


Mason started his day with a little "breakfast in bed" - the way every birthday should start :)

But then Mr.Mason was ready to play play play




So we played a little then it was time for Mason's real breakfast - check out Mason's bib from Grammie :)


Nate & I both took the day off work to hang out with Mason on his special day! We decided to take Mason to the Atlanta Zoo for his big day! HE LOVE IT!!

Cool Cat on his way to the Zoo for the first time wearing Daddy's sunglasses



We arrived at the Zoo & signed up for our annual pass :) We are super excited to make many more trips to the zoo this summer!

 

Number one on our list to check out on our first Zoo visit... The Petting Zoo!! Mason LOVED it :)



Lots of GOATS!!
Mason was not shy AT ALL about petting/smacking the goats on the booty!!

Of course we couldn't pass up the super cute photo opportunities :)




We stopped for a snack & bathroom break before we went to see the "big animals"

We checked out the elephants...

All the fun tired Mason out BIG time!!


Couldn't even stay awake to drink his milk! Poor little buddy!

Sweetest Angel Baby Ever!!


After a quick nap in the car Mason was ready to go again!! When we got home Mason & I played in the backyard in our little kiddie pools! Nate had to go do some work & sadly I didn't snap any pictures of Mason & I playing. After we were worn out from the sun & water we came inside for another one of Mason's favorite activities.... TUPPERWARE EXPLORATION!!



Mason played & played! We did the usual dinner  BUT... there was one fun treat! We gave Mason some vanilla ice cream for his birthday! We captured that on video, so I'll have to figure out how to get the video on here.

Then it was off to bath time & bed!! Mason had such a fun day & we really enjoyed spending it together as a family. I hope we make that a tradition to take off work & spend the day together doing something fun!



Good Night Hugs & Kisses for Daddy!
Good Night Hugs & Kisses for Mommy!



No comments: