Monday, February 22, 2010

The Worst Virus of my LIFE!!!

 While we were up in Clarksville for Madison's baptism I started to get a sore throat & cough on Saturday afternoon. By Sunday morning I knew I was getting sick. I thought it was just going to be a little cold.

OH HOW WRONG I WAS!!!

I went to work on Monday, but felt awful, so...when my sweet sweet friend Keyes offered to watch my last 2 classes so I could go home early & get some rest, I HAD to take her up on the offer!

I felt awful, but had no idea what was coming at me in the next 48 hours!! I went to be early & hoped for the best!

Monday morning I foolishly got up & showered & got totally ready for work before I decided that I just couldn't do it! I called for a sub & then finally took my temperature.... 102!!

I promptly crawled back in bed & took 2 extra strength tylenol. Again... foolishly I thought if I just went back to sleep for a few hours my fever would go away & I would feel fine! I told Nate he could leave Mason home with me because I was so sure I'd be feeling fine by the time he woke up. HA!!

Well... Nate got Mason up, changed & fed his breakfast, but then it was time for Nate to go to work. I tried to get up & "man up" but I actally felt WORSE!!

I told Nate there was NO way I was going to be able to care for Mason & that this was NOT just a cold!

Thankfully, Sally was able to leave work & come over to spend the day at home with me & help take care of Mason! We are really lucky her boss is so understnading & that she was willing to drop everything & just come on over! THANKS GiGi!!

Once Mason was down for a nap & Sally was over to help out, I got back in the bed. When I woke up a few hours later my fever had gone up to 103.3!!!

Over the next few days my fever ranged from 100 - 103 depending on how long it had been since I took the tylenol. I WAS SO MISERABLE!!

Nate took me to the doctor, but they couldn't find anything specific... just a "virus" :(

I stayed home from school again Wednesday, this time Mason did go to Ms.Deniser's house so I could get some actual rest. THIS IS EXACXTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!

I went back to work Thursday, but still thought death was knocking on my door!

Its MONDAY & I am just NOW starting to feel better. Not great... but Better!! I have not been this sick since my Junior year of college!!

I am SOOOOO lucky to have such an amazing husband! He really held our house & family together last week! He was cooking, cleaning, doing laundry & taking care of Mason!! I was on my death bed & am sooo glad Nate was able to step up & keep things running so smooth!



No comments: