Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mason Meets the Schmackers :)

After we got home from our beach vacation with my family Mason was able to spend some time getting to know his Aunt Mel and his cousins Will & Jack! The Schmackers were on the go for an extended vacation from Texas. Mel and the boys stayed in Suwanne at GiGi & PaPa Tom's for a week while Eric was in D.C. for a conference and then they went down to Orlando for a week to spend time Eric's family & go to Disneyworld for Will's 11th Birthday and then they met up with the whole Muth gang, including Adam, for a week at the beach! We we really bummed out that we were not able to go to the beach with the Muth's this year! This is the first summer since I met Nate that we have not spent time with his family at the beach over the summer and that time together was definitely missed! Nate started a new job that week and there was no way he would have been able to make the trip! Thankfully we were able to all be together at the beach over Spring Break... technically that was Mason's first beach trip - even though he was still in my tummy :) haha :) Nate was working most of the time while the Schmackers were in town, but since school hadn't started back yet, I was able to take Mason over to the Muth's to play with Will and Jack most days! They even came over and babysat for me while I went to see Dr.Martin! Jack said I owed them each $20 :) haha I told him to get it from his Uncle Nate! Sorry kiddo but I doubt you'll ever see that cash!! haha :) Jack was SUPER cute with Mason! He taught him how to have a thumb war :) Will and Jack both loved holding their little baby cousin and helped give him a bath! It was really fun seeing all three boys together! I'm sure one day Mason will be beggin to tag along with his older cooler cousins :) It was great to spend time together... wish it could have been longer!! A Big Congrats to Eric for getting a promotion and becoming Lieutenant Colonel :) He's the MAN!!! PhD & a Lieutenant Colonel... WOW!!!






No comments: