Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mason's First Wedding... Congrats Aunt Jeni :)

Mason attended his first wedding... Aunt Jeni got MARRIED!!! Jeni is one of Aubre's best girlfriends! They both attended UGA & then lived together in Atlanta after college. Jeni is like part of our family. Bottom line... WE LOVE JENI & wouldn't miss her wedding for the world:)

So... Mason got all dressed up in his SUPER cute outfit & we headed off to the wedding with Grammie & Grampy. Nate was meeting us there after work. Well Mason made it about 90 seconds in the sanctuary before he decided that he did NOT want to stay for the ceremony :( Poor little guy WAILED the ENTIRE ceremony! I have never before and never since heard my son cry for that long! It was NUTS!!! So, basically I spent the entire wedding in the nursery of the church attempting to console my sweet baby. He eventually chilled out, took a bottle in the car & then we headed over to the reception... things did improve for about an hour. He gave us just enough time to eat and have a glass of wine before he went back to fussy baby mode. Grampy took him for a walk and seemed to get him calmed down for a while... but then he was hungry again! So... I was back into another nursery to feed him. Thankfully after that feeding he was OUT! He slept in my arms the rest of the reception with a blanket over him. All in All NOT a great FIRST wedding for Mr.Mason but it could have been MUCH worse! He is the sweetest baby and I have NO idea what caused his major freak out at the wedding!

Congrats to Aunt Jeni though... she was a SMOKIN hot bride!!
She looked so beautiful!!



Our family has a "sign" that we have been using as long as I can remember... literally! We have used this hand sign to say "i love you" to each other since Aubre and I were SUPER young. We hold up the last three fingers... middle finger for "I", ring finger for "love" and pinkie for "you" :) After the wedding ceremony disaster melt down as we were riding over to the reception I noticed that Mason was giving me "the sign"... I love him so much & he was letting me know that he LOVED me that much right back :)


One more SUPER funny story from that day....

Mom & I were going to take Aubre' to meet the girls at the hair place Saturday morning & then run a few errands before the wedding so we decided it would be SOOOO much easier to leave Mason at home to spend some quality time with Grampy! I had TOTAL confidence in my dad & didn't hesitate even one second to leave Mason in his care :) My dad is super awesome with babies and I trust him to take the best care of Mason possible. With that said, I did still send my dad a few text messages just checking in on them :) I received this picture text message back....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I might be a little bit partial but I HAVE THE CUTEST NEPHEW IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

Aundrea said...

I might be a little partial too... but i couldn't agree with you more!! Your nephew is freakin ADORABLE :)