Thanksgiving week started out VERY rough in our house!! Mason picked up a stomach bug & we weren't sure we would even make it down to the beach to hang out with the whole Muth/Schmacker clan!
Thankfully, by Tuesday the vomit seemed to have eased up enough for us to venture out into public! But, setting out on a 6-7 hour drive with a toddler that COULD at any time barfaroni was not the best feeling! We stuck to the brat diet , watched a few too many movies & finally made it down to Blue Mountain :)
Mason was SO excited to see his cousins! There is not much my little boy enjoys more than playing with "Jack-Will" - according to Mason the names can not be separated. He will speak of them only as a duo. It's hilarious. Mason asks for them constantly and we REALLY wish that they lived closer so we could see them ALL THE TIME!!
I don't think there is anything that GiGi enjoys more than having all of her boys together AT THE BEACH!! Its the best thing in all the land :)
Sadly, as soon as Mason started to feel better... I GOT THE BUG! I was stuck in the bed (and bathroom) for most of the rest of the trip! I did not eat one single bite of Thanksgiving dinner ;( It was just sad.
I did venture down to the beach on Friday while Nate & Tom played golf to watch Mase play in the ocean with his cousins! Saying he had a BLAST would be the understatement of the century! The water was FREEZING, but you would have never known by these three boys faces!
Will is a fantastic big cousin & took Mase out in the the water over & over again! We could hear Mason shrieking & laughing the whole time!
They came back up freezing, sandy, happy and ready for a dip in the hot tub! Even though sickness rocked our family - seeing Mason spend time with his cousins made every moment of the trip worth it! I simply love those moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment