Sunday, April 4, 2010

A great weekend, after an AWFUL week!!

Where do I even begin?

Thankfully, I am writing about these events almost two weeks after they actually happened, that way my memory of the week from hell has started to fade a little :)

Friday, March 19th, when I picked Mason up from Miss Nise's house all seemed WONDERFUL! It was a beautiful day & the kiddos were playing outside when I arrived. Mason was crawling aorund like crazying having fun on the slide. He could not have appeared happier or healthier!

We stopped at Toys R Us on the way home to pick up Sutty's birhtday present in preparation for his awesome birthday party the next morning at Imaginations at Play :) Mason did a great job picking out a race car for his best buddy Sutty & we were on our way happy as can be :)

When we arrived home Mason went up stairs to change clothes & play with Daddy for a few minutes while I got all his food prepared to go meet GiGi & PaPa Tom for dinner at Boudreaux :) Yummy!!

We were about to walk out the door when Mason threw up! Crazy... yes! But, he is teething pretty hard core so he has his hands or some other object in his mouth pretty frequently & he has a super sensitive gag reflex, so we thought maybe it was nothing. He seemed totally fine. We took him up stairs, changed him, got him all cleaned up, and were about to head out the door again when... BAAARRRRRFFFFFFFFFF again everywhere!!! This time all over Mommy! This time I was more concered! He threw up again! He was throwing up A LOT and then just just going limp in my arms! I truthfully I have never been more scared! It was AWFUL!

We started makign a few calls to figure out what was going on & get a little advice! I called Sutty's Mommy, Elizabeth, to get some quick advice :) Sutty has had a few tummy bugs in his day & I knew she would be the best source for help :) We also called Grammie, GiGi & Miss Nise :) In the process we changed clothes a few times & came to a few conclusions ... we would NOT be having yummy Boudreaux for dinner, we would not be making it to Sutty's birthday party, AND Mason was not the only baby that was sick!!

As it turns out... Brady & Charlotte also got sick with the exact same  bug at the exact same time! CRAZY!! Needless to say Analisa, Elizabeth, Deniser & I were on the phone & texting ALOT that weekend!! Our poor babies were so sick!!

It was a rough night for sure! Mason continued to throw up every thirty minutes like clockwork! He could not keep anything down, but we kept trying. Poor baby was so dead tired he was throwing up without even opening his eyes! This was the worst feeling ever! I would have taken Mason's sickness times 100 just to have him feel better... I'd get my wish in less than 48 hours!

Grammie & Grampy came down to visit & help with Mason on Saturday morning. Mason seemed to be feeling better & Nate & I had plans to go see a play that my students were putting on Saturday night, so my parents were goign to keep Mason. The play was AMAZING!! Shout Out to all my SUPER talented kiddos :)

Mason wasn't 100% the rest of the weekend but he was slowly recovering... well Sunday morning I got hit with the bug! A few text messages later I found out the not only did Brady, Mason & Charlotte all get the bug together... so did their MOMMIES!! That's right... Analisa, Becky & I all got the bug too!! We then found out that Miss Deniser got it too!! Can you believe it!! The craziness!!!

This was rough on us because Nate was leaving Monday morning for a business trip to Vegas (poor Nate- yea right!!) Nate was going to drop off Mason Monday morning & My mom was planning on coming down on Monday afternoon & picking up Mason at Deniser's. Well... Deniser had to close on Monday because she was sick, plus Mason was still kinda sick, so I stayed home 1/2 day until Grammie had it down to keep Mason. The rest of Monday went really smooth, Mason seemed to be on the mend, Nate made it to Vegas safely, and my Mom and I were  spending some quality time together :) Tuesday went great too :) Mason still wasn't 100%, but he was getting better. I was feeling better. It was the calm before the storm :) haha!

Then came Wednesday... I got the call during second period that Grammie was the next victim of the BUG from hell!! I left work, picked up Mason, took him to Miss Nise's house, and made it back to work all during my planning period. Grammie slept for several hours, then made it back to Rome to try to recover. That left me.. SINGLE MOMMA for 2 days! Wednesday night went fine, Mason & I just chilled and had a great peacful evening. Sickness free :)

Then came Thursday... I took Mason to Miss Nise's house and was off to work. We were looking forward to Nate coming home on the red eye Thursday night/Friday morning. Little did we know...our day was about to get super crazy!! I got the call from Miss Nise that Mason had thrown up again & I need to come pick him up! NOOOOOOOOOOO! So... I left work, again, this time not to return. I picked up Mason & we made it home sickness free! He actually never got sick again... might have been a fluke. Who knows! But that meant, Mason would not be able to return to Miss Nise's on Friday so we were counting on Nate making it home so I could go to work Friday to prepare for the Blood Drive I have to plan.

Well... it gets better :) Nate's flight got canceled! Yup! I got that phone call in the middle of the night - fun times! His flight got canceled at 10pm and delayed until 6 am. Well... poor Nate - his 6 am flight got canceled too! Yup- he didn't actually make it home until 7pm Friday night! So... what did Mason & I do you ask!?! Did I make it to work? Was Grammie feeling better!?!

Well... my Mom did start to recover, but then had to make a trip to Tennessee because Aubre got SUPER sick at 6 months preggers & had to go into the hospital! Yup- she got a bug too! Poor thing! So Grammie went the other direction to care for a sick baby & Grampy actually came down to take care of Mason so I could go into work for a few hours. Who thinks the story ends there?!?!?

Haha that would be all too easy!! Nate did make it home, we had a great weekend together - just the three of us- beautiful weather- hanging out at the park (pictures in next post) ONLY to find out the bug got Grampy too!! That's right! My dad got sick Sunday & stayed sick a good part of the week!!

Can you believe that! Isn't that the worst week EVER!!?!?!?!



No comments: