Sunday, February 8, 2009

26 weeks :)

I can't believe I am 6 and a half months pregnant! CRAZY!! Let me try & think of what has happened since the last time I updated.....
  • Mason now has furniture in his room :) We purchased a beautiful Bassett crib & dresser/changing table for Mason & have it all set up in his room :) We also picked out the bedding & decorations! We did not go the traditional "baby" route with the bedding & room decor. The colors are chocolate brown, cream, and light blue - which are very baby boy friendly colors HOWEVER my mom is actually making all of the bedding & room decorations:) Nate & I both so lucky that we get to benefit from my mom's amazing creative talents!! We have all the materials and plans put together- but you'll have to wait to see pictures until after next weekend! Mom is coming down Saturday with sewing machine in tow to spend the weekend with me & get Mason's room all set up! I promise to update next Sunday with pictures of our progress! I know it is going to look AWESOME - all of my mom's projects end up super cute!!!
  • I have noticed a major increase in the strength & frequency of Mason's movements! It is the most indescribable feeling! It is so much easier for Nate to feel Mason moving around now also. I am betting it will only be a short time from now that we will SEE him moving by belly around :) Feeling Mason moving around is by far my favorite part of being pregnant!
  • I am getting more and more uncomfortable each passing day. Sleeping is pretty miserable. I get up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom and in the past week or so I have been getting painful calf cramps that send me straight to my feet. I really can't complain though- all-in-all I have had a really easy pregnancy so far! I remind myself of that frequently! The last thing I want to be is one of those pregnant ladies that complains all the time :)
  • I have finally lost my craving for Orange Juice! It went away as quickly as it arrived. So Strange. I still have the cravings for grapefruit & eat at least one a day! I have a new found craving for regular cheerios with honey & sliced banana! This has become my daily breakfast ritual & I start looking forward to it when I am getting ready for bed the night before!
  • Almost 2 weeks ago I did the glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes. For those of you that aren't familiar with this test- basically you drink this flavored sugar water stuff and then have your blood taken an hour later to check to see how your body is metabolizing the sugars. Everyone had described this sugar drink as the most awful thing EVER! People made it out like it was going to have me gagging and dry heaving all the way to the doctor's office. IT REALLY WASN'T THAT BAD!! The only bad part was that you can't eat or drink anything starting at midnight the night before. I was SUPER thirsty & pretty hungry that morning but thought that the drink just tasted like extra extra extra sweet kool-aid. The mag-citrate I had to drink for the flex-sig is still holding #1 for the most disgusting thing I've ever had to drink!! As I figured- the test results came back perfect :) No problem with gestational diabetes :) YEA!!
  • We go back to see Dr.Martin on Wednesday!! Two exciting things about this upcoming visit- we are going to do an ultrasound so we will get to see baby mason :) AND then after this visit we go back every 2 weeks!! AGGHHH!! That means I will be in my 3rd trimester! CRAZY! We will start going to our different classes at the hospital, checking out day care options, and getting ready for Mason to come home :)

I think that's about all the updates I can think of right now... I'm sure I'm leaving something out- the whole "pregnancy brain" thing is no joke! I forget things like CRAZY these days! Pregnancy has done horrible things to my brain & my body- I can only hope they will both go back to thier previous condition post pregnancy! DO NOT TELL ME OTHERWISE EVEN IF IT ISN'T TRUE!!!! LIE TO ME- I PROMISE I'LL BELIEVE!!!! haha :)

My wonderfully sweet sister & mother (including Mike, Madison & dad OF COURSE) are throwing Nate & I a casual couples shower at our neighborhood clubhouse on March 1st :) WE ARE SOOOO EXCITED & SOOOO THANKFUL!! We really are looking forward to just hanging out with our friends & celebrating the expansion of our family!! Nate has been so super involved in my pregnancy that it just wouldn't have seemed right to have an all girls baby shower! We both really wanted all our friends & family members to be included in our celebration - even the men & the kiddos!!! We hope to see you all there :)


2 comments:

Mom said...

Love to read the updates! Love you guys too! Cannot wait until the weekend so we can finish the room decor for Mason. You look beautiful (as always) in your 26 week picture!

amym324 said...

Hey women, You look so freaking cute!!! You carrie it well!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your room. I'm so excited to get started on mine!!! I got your invitation and I will be there!! I will talk to you soon! Glad everything is going well! I'm also glad that the gluclose wasn't that bad I should have to do it next month!!!